Stradbroke Weddings is committed to protecting the privacy of clients, visitors to our website and newsletter subscribers.
At Stradbroke Weddings, your privacy is paramount. Therefore, we design and operate our services with the protection of your privacy in mind. We guarantee to ensure as far as possible that personal information collected through enquiries, questionnaires and through the course of planning your event is used only for the purposes as set out.
This Privacy Statement explains Stradbroke Weddings’ policies in relation to the handling of your personal information that may be collected throughout the process of responding to enquiries, planning and coordinating your event.
How we protect your privacy
We are committed to keeping all personal information secure and have taken reasonable steps to prevent loss, unauthorised access or modification. Stradbroke Weddings will only disclose to other service providers, relevant personal information necessary to assist us in the normal course of our service provision to you. In addition;
• We collect information only for the purposes for which the personal information was requested, and for directly related purposes
• Upon enquiring with Stradbroke Weddings a file is opened in which all documentation relating to your event is collated and stored
• Your file will remain open until completion of the planned event or until your enquiry or service is terminated by you or for a period of up to 12 months or until after the nominated date of your event
• Upon termination of your enquiry, your file is destroyed and only a basic computer database with your name and enquiry details is retained. This database is used only for the statistical purposes in relation to marketing campaigns
• Files relating to events completed in conjunction with Stradbroke Weddings will be retained for 5 years for verification purposes, and then destroyed
• At no time will personally identifying information be given to other companies or individuals, unless Stradbroke Weddings has your consent
• Stradbroke Weddings does not keep credit card or bank details on file unless at your direct request. Upon termination of the service or inactivity after a period of 18 months, this information is destroyed
• Stradbroke Weddings does not use photographs or names of clients or any other persons for marketing purposes without your express written permission
• Stradbroke Weddings will take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
Unauthorised subscriptions or requests for information via our website
The following type of information is collected from you:
• General information about visitors to our website is collected for general statistical reporting. Such information includes service provider, browser type, pages accessed on our Web site and what site you came from
• General enquiry information received is recorded which includes name, contact details and the nature of your enquiry
• Records of any e-mails, “contact us” messages or other correspondence that you send via the website, email, phone, facsimile or mail
• Subscription information relating to e-mail newsletters. However, once the nominated date of your event has passed, you will automatically be unsubscribed to our newsletter unless you specifically request to have information sent after this date
• When Stradbroke Weddings enquires with or uses parties to perform services on your behalf, we will ensure that this entity protects the user’s personal information in a manner which is consistent with this statement. We do not sell your name or other private profile information to third parties, and do not intend to do so in the future.
You will occasionally receive promotional emails and we hope you will find these updates interesting and informative. Please note that we will only send e-mail promotions or announcements to you if you have previously given your permission for us to do so.
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our mailings or do not want us to share your personal information with other parties, please e-mail us.
Stradbroke Weddings cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third-party accesses to information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private.
We reserve the right to gather more extensive information about any attempted access to this website that raises security issues and, if appropriate, make disclosures to the relevant authorities.
are anonymous and do not hold information on you or reveal your personal identity.
However, if you nevertheless prefer not to receive cookies, you can configure your Internet browser to reject them, or to notify you if they are being used. Rejecting cookies can however limit the functionality of our website and the online shopping process.
Access to Information
Where practicable, you may obtain a copy of the personal information collected about you on this website or through our office upon written request and payment of a reasonable fee determined by Stradbroke Weddings.
Updating Personal Information
You can at any time choose to change your personal details, and we request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to utilise our services, please contact us via the e-mail address listed below. You can also use the “contact us” update page on our web site to correct, update or remove your personal information provided to us.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and post the amended version on this website.
For further information concerning your rights please visit the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s web site at: www.privacy.gov.au.
Terms of engagement
Stradbroke Weddings’ Terms of Engagement are made available to Stradbroke Weddings’ clients prior to booking. Please contact our office for more details